Monday, February 23, 2009

Death and George Washington

I am listening to Tommy talk to his Dad about George Washington.

He just walked into the living room and said "Dad, I heard our first President died!" (like it happened yesterday)

He then explained to Katie "Katie, sometimes when you get old you die."

Tommy: "Dad, how old will you be when you die?"

Dad: "62 and a half" (because 5 year olds need a solid answer)

Tommy "Well, I am 5 and I won't die for a long time, I think you will die before me."

Dad: "I hope so!"

So funny!

4 comments:

Firefly@www.firefly-shop.org said...

LOL kids and the questions :)

Rebecca Jo said...

I love conversations with kids.. pure honesty there!

sherman_tracey said...

chris must have been cracking up! when caden was talking about that he was so sad about dying!!!

Dawn said...

Too cute and too sweet!