Thursday, March 12, 2009

Girls Weekend in NYC...Part 1!

Last weekend I had the pleasure of spending 4 days with some old friends. We hung out in Elementary and Middle School. I went to a different high school so we didn't see much of each other. We hooked up again of Facebook. We have chatted on an off over the years and have seen each other separately on occasion.

My friends Jocelyn, moved to NYC in January. Her fiance is working there for several months. He was traveling so it was the perfect time for Suzanne and I to invade her space, for some much needed girl time.
This is us together again. We have not been all together in over 20 years!
She lives on the upper west side, 1/2 block from Central Park! What a location!

When we got there we went to Central park and walked her dog and the dog she was dogsitting for. I am not a dog person. I have no pets. I don't dislike them, I just feel I have to many kids to have one. Therefor, I am not one for dog slobber, dog hair and poop picking up. I made this known and told them I will NOT be picking up dog poop when we were out. I have wiped more butts in my 15 years of parenthood.... dog poop was out for me. Not that they expected me to, but Joc was working Saturday and we had to walk the dogs for her.
They agreed and did it themselves!
Friday we hit the East Village (I think!) for some shopping, eating and fun!
This store name just called out to me! Who could resist shoes with a cool name?
We hit a French restaurant for lunch. The owner Daniel was a little smitten by us. We were 1 of 3 tables going. The only all girl one.
Suzanne and I ordered wine. Joc didn't. He was not having that. 1/2 way through lunch he brought her a glass of Champagne. The food was amazing. The best Butternut Squash Ravioli's I have ever eaten!
After we ate I asked him for our check. Instead he came out with more wine and Champagne and put 3 spoons down. We knew we were in for something good. A few minutes later out come 3 different desserts!
Don't they look YUMMY?
Again, when the wine was low....he filled them up. Finally, he brought the bill. We were thinking it was going to be a big one! I looked at it and it was for....get this....$32! NO WAY!
When we were saying thank you and good bye he told us to come back tomorrow for a band. He proceeded to tell us if he wasn't there, go knock on the window of the blue building across the street. That is where he loved. Ummmm....thanks...but no thanks!

We shopped some more. I got some cute boots!

Then we had some Rice Pudding. I never knew I liked Rice Pudding! Did you know there was a place dedicated to it? All different flavors! It was like going to an ice cream shop!
We ended the day with a walk in Central Park and collapsing on the bed, dead tired!

More tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like so much fun :) glad you had a good time :)cool photos!

Kim said...

That looks like a fantastic trip! I'm so jealous!

Lori said...

Looks so fun!! I need a girls trip :)

Unknown said...

Looks like a great time! I've been reconnecting via FB too.

Rebecca Jo said...

How fun!!! Man - a real NY dining experience - having the guy hit on you.... but you got some awesome wine & dessert out of it.. what more could you ask for!

Cant wait to see more pics!