Saturday, March 14, 2009

Girls Weekend in NYC...Part 2!

The fun thing about NYC is all the neat thing you see. Even strange. This was going on when we got off the Subway!
Who knew Cookie Monster was homeless and out of a job? Man, the economy is truly in the tank when Cookie Monster and friends are peddling in the Subway!

While Joc went to class, Suzanne and I hit Time Square. We had a blast.
We walked and walked and walked and walked! I was amazed at all the people. I am a small town girl, I am not used to the thousands of people. Even SpongeBob was there!
We went over to Rockerfeller Plaza to see the people ice skate. I said I have always wanted to do this. I totally chickened out. I didn't realize the hundreds of people watching you. The deal breaker? One guy fell and the whole crowd went "OOHHHH"! Yup, I was NOT going to have them watching me and gasping!
When I went to sit and rest my tired feet I met my new husband. 83 year old Miller. He was the sweetest guy. He spoke with a German accent and told me he was from another country......Staten Island. I loved his sense of humor.
Suzanne and I headed back to time square to the wax museum. I think this was one of the funnest things we did. It was amazing at how life like they were.


We had a great time taking pictures. I am sure some of the people around us thought we were crazy.
Suzanne was rocking it out with the Pope!
When we left I had to check out the HUGE McDonalds next door. They had TVs at the tables!

We headed back to the Subway to go to where the Twin Towers stood. I have no words to explain the sadness the area. I personally do not now anyone killed that day. However, it was such a sad experience. It was so quiet there, even with the hundreds of people around. My heart broke looking through the fence knowing what took place that horrific day. I may not have been there for hours, but it had such an impact on me. It made me want to run home and hug my family.

We ended the day with a delicious dinner. We sat outside since the weather was AMAZINGLY warm.

Sunday morning I boarded the train home. Although I sat next to a man who snored the whole way (thank God for iPods!) it was a nice ride. I was excited to see my little kids run to me and happy to see me when I got off.

I can't wait to do it again!

4 comments:

Karla said...

I can why you had such a great time! i think I need one of these girls' weekends!!! :)

Rebecca Jo said...

The Subway picture cracked me up! I'm sure you never know what you're going to find in the streets of NYC - obviously?

Love the Hulk picture too!

I cant imagine the feeling around the WTC... lots of emotion there..

Carrie said...

The wax museum does look really neat! I wouldn't have been brave enough to go iceskating either. Wow, I am jealous- I'd love to see NYC and to have a girls weekend! The rice pudding dessert place sounds yummmmmy!

Anonymous said...

How fun :)