Thursday, May 21, 2009

Poison Ivy, what the heck!


I want to thank my sister Michelle for giving me Poison Ivy. Well, she didn't really give it to me, but I talked to her and now I have it!

I have NEVER had Poison Ivy. In fact, when I was in elementary school I laid in a patch of it and rubbed it all over me so I would get out of going to school the next day. Yes, I thought it would appear by the next morning. No such luck.

My husband is HIGHLY allergic to it. He just seems to look at it and he gets a horrible case of it. He usually needs pills and a steroid shot.

Me, I never get it. Until now. At the age of 35.

I saw, what I thought, might be Poison Ivy in one of my flower beds. I thought of the famous saying, "Leaves of 3, let it be". Well, I didn't let it be. I pulled it out and threw it in the woods. With no gloves. What did I have to worry about? I have never had it! I went about my merry little way. I washed my hands when I went inside.

Yesterday afternoon I see a weird, small patch on my arm. Later, I see a patch on my face. Yes, folks, my face! By bedtime, I have some under my chin. This morning, yet another small patch on my face.

So thank you darling older sister. I thought you loved me.

8 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Don't scratch!!!!! It will just spread!

You poor thing!

Rebecca Jo said...

OH no!!! I've never had it... I have a fear of it getting it - my grandpa, I swear, I dont remember him NOT having it - or having pink lotion all over him!!!

SuZ said...

Ouch.... makes me itchy just to think about it.

Angie Marion said...

poor lady! I haven't had it in YEARS! but I can't identify it either! now I see your picture, maybe I'll be able to!

Cute blog! thanks for stopping by mine! you're welcome over anytime!

Adriana said...

Oh no! That sounds awful. I am more like your husband and will get it if the wind blows the right direction. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Stephanie said...

Oh no! But...can I see pictures just so I can confirm? ;-)

Joanna said...

Did you know that you don't typically react to poison Ivy on the first exposure? It's normally on the second exposure. Yeah, I didn't learn that lesson until my second exposure either.

shelley said...

omg, i am sooo allergic to poisin ivy! i'm just ichy reading your post and feeling your pain! lol... i once had it so bad my hands looked like they had a grape patch on them, and inbetween my fingers, i wanted to die! uhhh hope you are feeling better soon! i'm stopping over from sits roll call! stop by and say "hi" anytime, just leave the pi at home! lol
hugs,
shelley
http://theplaygroundprincess.blogspot.com/
http://iamstillstandingafterallthistime.blogspot.com/