Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Date with a 4 Year Old

Sunday Tommy and I went on a date. Just the 2 of us. We went to the King Richards Faire. It is a renaissance fair that they have every year, for several weeks. It is fun. It is like being in a medieval town. People walk around all dressed up and chat with each other, there are shows, jousting tournaments, food and shops. My dad used to take me when I was kid, so it is neat to be able to take my children.

Tommy got Knighted (by King Richard himself), went to Pirate 101 class, watched a jousting match, played games and ate food. We had such a great time. That is, until he got sick. It was scary. All of a sudden, towards the end of the day, he told me his head hurt and he wanted to leave. We headed to the bathrooms (we live an hour away) and waited our turn. All this while holding him because he wouldn't let me put him down. All of a sudden he starts throwing up! Of course, everyone let us jump the line and head right to the next available stall. I got him all cleaned up and settled. We headed to the car. I stopped by the gate to get my keys out (knowing I would still be carrying him) and for him to have some water. We get to the car and he starts throwing up again and crying his head hurts. UGH! I look over to see some EMS guys helping someone and had a passerby flag them down. They came over looked at him and started putting ice packs all over him to cool him down. We spent the next 1/2 hour with them. They were wonderful. They think it was a combination of something he ate and the sun. He fell asleep before we left the parking spot and slept the whole ride home, throwing up one more time. Thank God he was back to normal just a few hours later. Way to end a date!

Here are a few pictures of our date.

Tommy and King Richard

Getting Knighted

Getting ready to slay the dragon!


The Jousting Tournament

Pirate 101 Class

2 comments:

Stacey said...

It looked like Tommy had fun until the end.,I am glad to hear that he is alright. I am the same way when I get overheated.

Michelle said...

Hey, that seems so FUN!!! If I'm there, I would be enjoying as much as Tommy!! =P Interesting!

Michellove