Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Recipe of the Day!

I am going to start posting some of my favorite recipes to share with all of you!
This one is a family favorite. My special May 06 moms love it too!
My mom has made it since I was little. My kids eat it right up! Who doesn't like Mac and Cheese?

Homemade Mac and Cheese

1 box Elbow noodles (I like Casserole Elbows, they are bigger)
4 tbl butter
4 tbl flour
2 C milk
salt
pepper
Med pkg of Velveeta (16 oz) cut into cubes
Bread crumbs

1. cook pasta. When done put in a 9 X 13 pan.
Do these steps while pasta is cooking.
2. in a separate pot, melt butter
3. take off heat and add flour. Mix until smooth.
4. Slowly add milk.
5. put back on heat and a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Cook on Med heat until smooth, adding the cubes of cheese. Constantly stirring so the cheese doesn't burn.
7. Pour over cooked macaroni.
8. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top and place pats of butter throughout the top. (Some don't like the bread crumbs, but it is yummy!)
9. Bake at 350 for 25-30 min

1 comment:

London said...

That is exactly how I make my mac and cheese! It is really yummy, I agree.