Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering

Do you remember when and where you were on the tragic day of Sept 11th, 7 years ago? I do.

I sent my daughters off to school and went to the gym. I remember driving when I heard about the 1st plane. I was shocked. I thought it was a tragic accident. Then I was at the gym watching the news and saw the 2nd plane hit. I was STUNNED and realized it was not an accident. I stood there in disbelief. How could someone do this?

The schools all went in to a lock down safety mode. No one was able to go in without showing ID. The Superintendent sent out an email assuring that all the kids were safe and they would keep them that way. Parents fled to the schools to pick up their children. I was going anyways because they had dentist appointments. There was staff right at the door asking for everyone ID, instead of having parents walk to the office. I saw my girls and just held them close for the rest of the day.

Take a moment today to remember all the Victims and Hero's today. A day that changed or Nation forever.

Photobucket Image Hosting

No comments: