Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cheerleading Banquet

We just got home from a nice night at Sam's cheerleading banquet. She got her Varsity letter. I asked if she was supposed to put it on a jacket (ya know, like the "olden days") and she looked at me like I had 3 heads! Apparently you just put it on your tack board and every season you get a pin. It is just a display thing.

We all went (except the little kids, Grammy had them). I think Sam was happy Chris came. She may not have said it, but her smile showed when I told her he was coming. I don't think she thought her step dad would come to something like that. It was nice!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yay Sam! Congrats! Makes me feel old to think that putting the letter on the jacket is an 'olden' thing. :\

And yay for getting on with the step-dad! I know that isn't easy! Speaking from personal experience!

Steph said...

Congrats Sam! I know I'm old, but we used to put letters on jackets back in my days in high school too.