This morning he asked if he could make "Pastry Pliers" for breakfast. It is super easy. I cut the recipe in 1/2 for us. Below is the full recipe.
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 milk
- 1 package (3oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbs honey
- Cinnamon sugar mixture
- Heat oven to 450*.
- Stir Bisquick, cinnamon and milk until a soft dough forms. Neat vigorously with a spoon for 30 seconds. Place dough on a table dusted with bisquick mix.
- Gently roll in bisquick mis (it makes it less sticky) Shape into a ball and knead 10 times.
- Roll or pat dough into 10X8 inch rectangle, 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough into 1/2 inch strips.
- Fold each strip in half into a "U" shape: Twist the curved end to form the lower part of the pliers; Then, Twist the middle strip straight for the handles.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Make a slight indentation in the lower circle of the dough to hold some cream cheese.
- Mix the cream cheese and honey. Spoon about 1 TSP of the mix into each indentation.
- Sprinkle sinnamon/sugar over the top.
- Bake 8-10 min or until golden brown.
**2nd disclaimer...don't mind the jammies and bedhead! It was 7:30 in the morning**