Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Self determined, Strong Willed Drama Queen

Yes, that is my Casey who is 13. Always has been. This story is totally her and shows what a strong willed, Drama Queen she is.

Sunday she came to me saying she had a headache. No, she came to me, dropped to the floor and whines "Mom, My head hurts SOOOOO bad! HELP ME!"

Me, knowing who she is, handed her some Advil and sent her to her room.

A few minutes later she calls me from her cell phone. Yes, I am right down stairs and she call me.
"I feel like I am going to throw up. Can you bring me a bowl?"

I do so. She whines "I don't know what to do! HELP ME MOM"
I tell her to take a nap, shut the TV off and sleep in silence. She says that won't work. UMMM.....OK you just asked me to help you! She over dramatizes EVERYTHING! I swear the next Academy Award for best Drama Actress should be hers.

My friend shows up. We are in the driveway hanging out. She calls me again. "I think I am going to throw up" I told her I would be there in a minute. I didn't rush. I know awful of me. But this is the story of my life with her. She calls again, I go upstairs. Yes, I feel bad because she starts to throw up. Poor girl. I get her settled and laying down. Meanwhile she is still whining "HELP ME!"

I had to tell her that she probably will miss going to her indoor soccer game. She jumps up and says she now feels better. Hmm....you just puked. How are you going to run around for an hour?

"Mom, can I pleeeeeaaaaase wait until 6:00 and see how I feel? The game is at 7:00"

I head to the grocery store where she calls me yet again. She has no idea I had left.

"Mom, come up her please I think I am going to..." BLAHHHH SHE STARTS PUKING ON THE PHONE, Gross.

I get home. She says "I feel better, I want to go to the game."

She ends up eating dinner. Steak, rice and asparagus! She gets dressed and goes to her game! She is fine!
Yes, My child who was crumbled on the floor with a headache and puking twice, got up and played a soccer game.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

thats my girl!! but she was not lying this time, she did throw up! lol

Kati said...

Haha! Poor thing! At least she was telling the truth about not feeling too well!

Kaycee said...

LOL! Sounds just like ME! Must be the name ;)
I swear I played softball my entire life and nothing could keep me from a game. I was throwing up on the field one time before my dad pulled me out. haha!

SuZ said...

She acts just like me... :) :) :)

Karla said...

Oh my goodness!!! Us girls can be so dramatic, huh? lol She sounds like a tough cookie!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Anytime I feel like puking - I'd be dramatic too - but sounds like she's even more dramatic about recovering!!! That's a funny story...

Sarah said...

Haha! Sounds like you have your hands full...I can only imagine! I have to admit I can remember the DRAMA of being a teenage girl, and I am sure I was the same way!

Blanda Amania said...

Awwww, I have a drama queen too. I giggled at the calling you from her room though, lol! I'm glad she was ok enough to play soccer.

Happy new year to you and your's too!

Kati said...

Hi! I wanted to recomment to let you know that I nominated you for a bloggy award!

Anonymous said...

LOL that reminds me well of me LOL